Sunday, October 11, 2009

PAUSE TO REFLECT

Where have all of those years gone and as the family moves right along with our "leading man" what has he been up to  and the question is how did this all begin?
Russ was one of eight children and his MOM and DAD were, from all I've heard, true romantics. They lived happily in a two bedroom home and enjoyed a very close family relationship..which by the way is what drew me to them originally (besides the fact that HE was pretty handsome and loved his MOM)!
Unfortunately, his DAD was killed when he was a teenager and he assumed alot of the responsibilities along with his MOM since his oldest brother was serving this country. He worked his way through school at many jobs and then as a fireman working nights to complete his college education as an Electrical Engineer.
As the Mayor's Secretary, I was introduced to this hard-working, handsome young man and after two years of pursuing HIM..he was convinced that we could attempt life's road together!
As I have already mentioned soon we were on our way to pursue his career as a Quality Engineer in Louisville,Ky and then off to Schenectady NY in guided missiles and steam turbines. Following that his choice was to be affiliated with  the LAMP DIVISION (of GE) which brought us to Jackson, Mississippil;Youngstown, Ohio; Warren, Ohio; Memphis, Tennessee; Orlando,Florida and finally after 38 years back to Memphis on  this road to many successes, What an awakening this all was since I was an only child who had never left the City of Lafayette, never mind the State of Louisiana. 
I fully understand now the saying "join the Navy and see the world"..and I know I joined the right man and have seen enough to qualify for a PHD in MOVING, DECORATING,P/R,differences in STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS,BUYING PROPERTY AND TAX STRUCTURES along with being a wife and Mother! THIS IS just a brief interlude so that you can understand why MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS and why sometimes we must JOG OUR MEMORY along the way to fully appreciate life's precious moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment