There are days when, remembering the past, it would be a good thing to forget some of the painful moments in one's life..but sadly that is not possible. Instead, it is worth remembering the lessons learned and the treasures that remain stored in that MEMORY BOX.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA was now home and though the HAPPY TIMES were bountiful, our two sons were definitely "trying to cut the apron strings" and to my dismay seemed to be succeeding. The question is, do we as parents know and do we learn that this is the normal sequence of our lives. Marc was definitely of that mindset during those days and, though we were ready to accept this, his choices did cross path with our values and would eventually lead to painful years ahead. David, was a Senior now, and still interested in WRESTLING, and that raised my anxieties to a definite high level because of the toll it took on his weight gain/loss. Garry, unknown to us, had become quite active in the life of a motorcylist, until we were called to face serious injuries and painful decisions.
I think that as we go through life as a parent, we sometimes wish away those baby years, anxious to forge ahead. If I knew then..what I know now, I would take more pleasure in those small accomplishments.
As my grandmother used to say.."when they're little they pull on your apron strings...and when they're older, they pull on your HEARTSTRINGS"!
This wonderful place, where DISNEY WORLD was born, full of the land of make believe, is where we were awakened to life's difficulties and struggles as parents. Today as I remember, I also realize that
I am grateful for so very much and for the strength that has come from all of this. Thank GOD for those three young men who have "cut the apron strings" but remain true to our family as they pursue their own lives.I am so thankful that I was given these precious gifts. Being an example is what I hope that I have accomplished in this life because for me, the gifts have been returned in full measure.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment